Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first Saturn shot

TF Ratio

Hi all

attache is my first edited Saturn shot, its from only 5 frames (out of about 50).

Focusing is a real issue for me at present, but evey now and then i get a good image. As such attached is the best single shot and the Registax image.

any advice...?

post-14647-133877369558_thumb.jpg

post-14647-133877369563_thumb.jpg

A bit hard to comment as it's pretty small but looks OK to me.

Which method did you use...

Prime or afocal.

To get a larger image try a barlow either a x2 or x3 will do.

Cheers,

I have a Canon 1000D mounted via a t-ring and adapter on to a Baader Hyperion 17mm in tern attached to a x2 BArlow and onto the scope (skywatcher 200P).

Should i be doing something different..?

Should i sack of the 17mm eyepeice and just mount the camera onto the telescope using my 2" adapter..?

Is is it a matter of cropping and magnifying the images..?

It looks good as a first go, bit small... Try cropping the image. You're using ep projection, and that will give you a bigger image than using prime focus. You either need to put some t thread extension tubes in between the camera and the ep, use a smaller focal length ep, or extend the barlow away from the ep to increase the image scale. SLR's sensors are really pretty big for this sort of thing, so you end up with a tiny image scale.

Archived