NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bargain Refractor Buy of the Year?

1 hour ago, bosun21 said:

Your link is to  a different scope than the one I bought.

Aware of that, thanks.  
It is however a vixen 4” ed.  
i was wondering if folk had come across…

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kev said:

You have no idea how near ive been to bidding for that.   Welldone, hope you enjoy it

I see there is also, on astrospares, although not sure of spec

Vixen ED103S F/7.7 ED 

https://astrospares.co.uk/products/scope-4

The scope you reference above is the later ED103s F7.7 model which replaced the ED102 F9  discussed in this thread.

I have owned two of the F7.7 models in the past 5-10 years and both were/are excellent.

I know the scope being sold by Astrospares has been advertised by them for a number of months now: I have no knowledge of the company or the scope they are selling. On the face of it the price seems reasonable, but I dont have enough knowledge of the seller or this particular example of the ED103s to be able to recommend it. It would be worth making your own enquiries with the seller, and ideally, inspecting it in person if you are really interested in it..🙂

Dave

Their add also states that there are many marks and scratches on the telescope. In my opinion a telescope that's been treated this way could also have other faults. But hey that's just my thoughts.