Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M33-Antlia Triband RGB

ONIKKINEN

Somewhere around 10 hours with an 8'' f/4.4 newtonian + TeleVue Paracorr and a RisingCam IMX571 OSC camera:

M33-Triband3night-bxt-s.thumb.jpg.bb9d098bc1b9063891fe38060f44091e.jpg

Imaged over 3 nights, 2 of which were in October under high wind and generally not so great skies and last night with rogue clouds on every other sub so not the best dataset to begin with but I'll take what the skies give.

This is a kind of test image to gauge whether i need more data, and how much if i do when i one day blend this to a broadband image to make a nice RGB+NB combo. Broadband data is sitting at around 13 hours, but would like to get more of that too. Goal is to finish the target as soon as possible but the M33 imaging season is quickly closing so might need to keep going next year. Not the end of the world since the first nights of the project have already celebrated their one year anniversary so whats another year more.🤪

Enough red bits showing up already or more time in the oven? Thoughts, comments very much welcome.

-Oskari

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, Captain Scarlet said:

I'm no expert, but when I open the larger version of the image and bring my eye close to the screen, I'm drawn in by the details and cannot stop staring. Seeming supernova remnants all over the place. Exquisite.

Magnus

Thank you!

Its a very busy galaxy for sure, or maybe it just seems that way because its relatively nearby? (no expert either) I think we are lucky to have a face on spiral galaxy like this one so close to us.

10 hours ago, ONIKKINEN said:

Enough red bits showing up already or more time in the oven? Thoughts, comments very much welcome.

Excellent image @ONIKKINEN Great details and Ha structure.  I think you can be very happy with the current version as is, but see how you feel about more another time?  It looks like it would take a lot more to elevate it by a significant margin? 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Elp said:

I think you can keep going even though it's showing through, there was someone on here that did over 30h on the narrowband data alone, sometime this year I recall.

43 minutes ago, geeklee said:

Excellent image @ONIKKINEN Great details and Ha structure.  I think you can be very happy with the current version as is, but see how you feel about more another time?  It looks like it would take a lot more to elevate it by a significant margin? 

Thanks for the replies,

I think i will try to get some more data, and i think it can be improved significantly if i just get a decent night in as none of the 10 hours in this stack is what i would call good data. From good darkness and no transparency issues with passing clouds i reckon a 5 hour night would beat this dataset easily, so there is room to improve without spending too much time (of course no such night is guaranteed).

• Like 1