Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC1499 California Nebula

step_hen

I was hoping to add more imaging time to this but the UK weather hasn't been kind recently ☹. This is NGC1499, the California Nebula, shot with Evoguide 50mm ED Refractor using L Enhance dual narrowband filter on a ZWO ASI533MC Pro camera. Just under 8hrs total integration. It's a huge object! An emission nebula in the constellation of Perseus, said to resemble the shape of the state of California when viewed in full at the right angle. Just under 8hrs total integration time made up of 5min subs, shot over three nights in November and December. Processed in Pixinsight using Graxpert, SPCC, BXT, NXT, SXT, GHS, NBN, Curves, stretch stars and rescreen.

SH2-220CaliforniaNebulaEvo50LEn14_30Nov_1Dec237hr50minv2.thumb.png.f16ac1a2145db85bf081debbd65bb22f.png

• Like 8

With the skywatcher flattener, you can insert a filter into the rear cell and hold it in place using the three grub screws. I screwed the filter itself into a 'donor' empty filter holder ring first so as to not damage the expensive filter with the grub screws. Then attach the camera and you had the correct back spacing for my 533MC. The Starizona flattener inserts into the OTA, and can therefore handle the more standard 55mm backspacing allowing the use of a filter wheel. It doesn't seem to flatten the field as effectively though. The new BXT AIv4 has helped with the corner star shapes!