Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter FS128

mikeDnight

3 hours ago, dweller25 said:

That’s a wonderful drawing Mike - I have been looking forward to seeing what you could do with the FS128 👍

Thanks David,

The detail was impressive but I didn't have much time. I think if I spent six or seven minutes struggling to see through the thickening cloud that's all I had. The NEB appeared very close to the equatorial zone, but that may have been because there were some strong festoons that reached from the NEB connecting with the EZ, which dulled the normally brighter North Equatorial Zone. I've had several opportunities to observe the planet since then, but cold weather puts me off a bit. I must be getting soft!  The GRS was very prominent, much more so in fact than I've seen it in quite some time. Maybe that's because of the extra aperture? I should get the FS and DZ side by side soon!

• Like 2

Really good sketch. 

I had a go a few days back myself in moderate seeing through the 8 inch classical Cass with 12.5 Orthoscopic x195. Some haze and light clouds. I’m impressed at the detail within the bands you pick up in the FS128

IMG_1277.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1