NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Barnard 32.

ollypenrice

Always nice to do a Barnard object simply because E.E. Barnard was such an admirable man and such a nice man. An early Happy Christmas to you, Sir!

Paul Kummer drove the scope and did the stacking and calibrating. My post processing.

RASA 8, NEQ6, ASI2600MC Pro. Three hours in three minute subs.

Is the colour too intense? On AB and on here it looks more saturated than on my Smugmug site.

spacer.png

Full size is here. The little blue reflection nebula is worth a peep close up.  https://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Emission-Nebulae/i-8ZPsWs3/A

Olly

• Like 14

super image Olly, I see what you mean about the colour, at first glance maybe a little too much but its subjective.  I just had similar thoughts about the M20 im about to post, each time I go back to it I keep thinking it needs more saturation, but now im thinking maybe I have gone too far.

At first glance 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marvin Jenkins said:

It looks perfect. But then I am blind in one eye and can't see anything out the other.

You are just the man I'm looking for to review my images on the internet. No work is involved: I'll supply the text!

:grin:lly

It's a lovely image - quite a mesmerising colour certainly! There's lots of luminosity and depth to the whole thing too, so I'm not complaining. My recent effort on this looks dull by comparison, that's for sure.

I guess you can have "too intense" if things are stretched or saturated so much that noise or artifacts start dominating. But mostly I think it's just "more intense" and "less intense". I often like images at both extremes - they show different facets of the scene.

• Like 1