Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First light proper with my Esprit 100, pelican Nebula

Stuart1971

This is was my proper first light with the Esprit 100 and QHY268 mono, had a few test sessions.

Pelican Nebula in Ha, 50 x 180 second (2.5 hrs) Ha exposures, with darks, but no flats as of yet.

A run through PI with some star reduction, EZ stretch,  and also tried the new GraXpert, for removing gradient, and the usual RC Astro BlurX, although not sure it did too much as the data was good to start with, very clean with good star shapes…

No noise reduction done on this at all, so it is a bit noisy if zoomed in….

And also it’s not cropped at all, full image size from camera…

Comments welcome

IMG_2095.jpeg

Edited by Stuart1971
  • Like 10

Very nice Stuart, you must have some great seeing conditions to have such lovely data with a shortish total integration time. 

How did you find Graxpert? I only learned of it this week, not had a chance to install it yet. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Richard_ said:

Very nice Stuart, you must have some great seeing conditions to have such lovely data with a shortish total integration time. 

How did you find Graxpert? I only learned of it this week, not had a chance to install it yet. 

Thanks

GraXpert seems very good indeed, I had a few issues getting it to download as it’s flagged by anti virus software, which they are working on, and then when I did get it downloaded it would not install, I had to get the latest Microsoft C++ 2015-2022 redistributable..then all was good..Very simple to use and extremely quick through PI or stand alone…👍🏻

• Like 1