Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer GTi SynScan pro app not saving changes

pie_in_the_sky

Hi all,

I can't seem to update the Guiding Rate settings in the app. When I make the change from 0.5x Sidereal to just Sidereal the settings revert back to the default when I leave the screen (Settings > Advanced) and come back in.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

For context:

I'm super new to everything astrophotopgraphy, this is my first set. Also new to the forum so if there is a better channel for this, please let me know.

I have the Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer GTi and am just getting to grips with how it works. For now, I'm learning what the app does while indoors and will get out asap (it's been cloudy anyway). I wanted to get an approximate of alignment just to see if I can get the tracking working (I realise 'working' isn't really accurate, I just want to see the mount move for now).

Out the box the app defaults to tracking being off. Then the two guiding rates (Guiding rate RA/AZ and Guiding rate Dec/Alt) are set to 0.5 x sidereal.

My understanding is that this means tracking will be running at 50% slower than it should be to maintain tracking/alignment with an object.

App is on Android, but I've also tried via the desktop app on MacOS

Edited by pie_in_the_sky

• pie_in_the_sky changed the title to Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer GTi SynScan pro app not saving changes
  • 1 month later...