Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Nema 17 3d printer mount or two file

adywhitwell

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post. I have designed a 3d print file to fit a nema 17 motor in place for ra control. I'm just waiting for some longer bolts to fit it but all looks ok. If anyone wants the stl file to print please get in touch. If anyWays a printed part after I have finalised and checked it (5th iteration now) please get in touch

Hi and welcome to SGL

This is probably the wrong section and belongs to DIY part of forum, but moderators will decide on that.

As far as stepper mounting bracket goes - some images of design would be nice.

You can also attach STL here as attachment or post a link on some of popular 3D print model websites where you upload STL

Hi

Put this in the wrong place as I'm new on here. I have designed and printed a mount to fit a nema 17 motor to the ra of an eq5 mount and am happy to give anyone the stl file or print at cost and postage for those without 3d printer. UK based

IMG_20231209_132808.jpg

IMG_20231209_132814.jpg

IMG_20231209_132825.jpg

12 minutes ago, adywhitwell said:

finally got new bolts to mount it

Looks very nice.

What material did you print it in?

I've found that sometimes steppers can run really hot, but on the other hand, night time use means lower ambient temperature and open design means good cooling. Even PLA based material should be able to handle that well.

It's pla and the strippers are running slowly so don't get hot especially outside. I am now designing the mount for Dec so I can use them with a raspberry ok as a go-to as well as just tracking for photography. The motor mount holes are slotted to allow for a bit of drive belt tensioning. Will have to get a few micro switches to detect and of travel position

• 1 month later...