Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astro fi woes

Howdy, I've got a friend with a Celestron Astro fi, it's his son's but keeps having connectivity issues. This is a screenshot he sent me the other night. As I'm unfamiliar with this scope I know this is the best place to solve problems . If anyone has had anything similar or any suggestions please fire away.

Could it be as simple as he's not using his hot spot for his WiFi?

Many thanks again all.

Dan

1000051765-01.jpeg

Edited by Daniel-K

The clue is in the prompt, it's asking to connect to the internet as it may need to do a license check or download more data. If you're connected directly to the device via WiFi you also need to enable mobile data on the phone (or tablet if it has cellular capability) in order to connect to their online server. I don't have the same equipment but you have to do exactly the same when activating a brand new asiair.

Edited by Elp
  • Like 1

Disclaimer: I'm a total noob.

I have the Astro Fi MAK. I get constant disconnects. I usually go into my phone wifi settings and set my home wifi to not automatically reconnect. It helps, nonetheless it still get constant disconnects. I just read a review on Amazon from someone who says that adding a wire around the mount turns it into a makeshift antenna and it helps. I have not done this. I am going to look further into it, but honestly, I'm pretty much done with Astro Fi. Not worth the migraine.