NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

During November I managed 10 nights imaging Jupiter, most of which Ive deleted as the seeing has been so poor, A few nights ago the seeing seemed better than usual and I captured a number of SER files for processing.  As processed single files they are not that spectacular however I ve tried without any success combining and de-rotating the images in Winjupos.  No mater what I do I get a smeared image, Ive watched many tutorials and unless im missing something really obvious I cant get it to work.

All the images are UT stamped, my lat and long are entered,  hitting F11 does not always place the planet stencil over Jupiter correctly so I have manually adjusted this. Im selecting an image around the middle of the vids as a reference time. The image is not being de-rotated as far as I can see only stacked.

Any thoughts?

Mark

Screenshot 2023-12-02 173632.png

I can see two issues here. Looking where you have done the measurements, Jupiter should be flipped as it doesn't match the Winjupos orientation, and it will cause issues. Second, 14 min derotation might be too long, and there is a big gap between the first and second capture too. You can try drop this image and see how it looks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...