My year of sky searching

Petrol

This year I've spent quite a lot of time both at home and away searching the skies. This video, in 4K contains everything I've achieved including day/night timelapses and deep sky objects. There's been plenty of failures, lots of disappointments but more importantly, some fantastic fun and spine chilling moments.

Equipment list is at the end.
Thanks for looking, all comments welcome

Pete

• Like 10

Wow! Very impressive, and a great way to summarise your year of observing.

I particularly liked the widefield image of the Orion complex. So many things to see there and incredible to be able to make out the Horsehead Nebula even in a really widefield shot. I'm looking forward to pointing my new FMA135 at Orion when it comes back in to view for me.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JonHigh said:

Very well put together! The time lapse of the clouds were amazing. Was that done in camera? 
Also the wide shots of the Nebulas were stunning. You have inspired me to use a wide angle lens. 👍🏻

I tried using the in camera time lapse but found I got better results recoriding real time and speeding up on the edit. It also gave me the option to speed ramp. Uses a lot of data and batteries though
I've upgraded my kit since I started this project and also learned a lot. I'm already planning my next one.
Thanks for the comments and feedback.

Pete

• Like 1