Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Askar 180 Pro test 1: IC1396

Magnum

I took this image a couple of nights ago with a new Askar 180 Pro f4.5 Astrograph Lens/scope. It worked very well nice tight stars, As my aim was to mainly test the star performance I only used a Lum filter instead of my normal narrowband for this target and shooting over the motorway lights so not a lot of signal to work with so had to go aggressive with the noise reduction which has made it a bit blotchy, needed more time really.

Exposure 50 x 3 mins @ Gain 100.

Scope: Askar 180 Pro f4.5 sextuplet Astrograph.

Camera: ZWO ASI533MC pro

Filter: Baader UV/IR

Mount EQ8

Guided, captured, stacked, DDP, Gradient removal in MaximDL.

Processed in Photoshop 2023, Starnett++2 for M1 Mac, RC Astro Noise Exterminator.

TrunkAskar180FinalFB2.jpg

Edited by Magnum
  • Like 4

These are a great start with your new scope.  I bought the Askar 180 earlier this year having ordered the original version and was lucky enough to be sent the pro version as it was being released. I am so happy with it.  It is a brilliant little scope in my opinion, and I am sure that you produce many great images with it.  

19 minutes ago, Snoani said:

These are a great start with your new scope.  I bought the Askar 180 earlier this year having ordered the original version and was lucky enough to be sent the pro version as it was being released. I am so happy with it.  It is a brilliant little scope in my opinion, and I am sure that you produce many great images with it.  

Its not mine actually, i was testing it for my friend as he always sends his new purchases to me to test first to make sure they are ok.

i had the original Askar 180 when it first came oit but returned it as it had poor colour correction and star shapes. This new pro version is dramatically better.