Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anyone running KStars/Ekos/Indi on a Raspberry Pi 5 with RPi OS bookworm?

Avocette

You should test AstroArch 1.8. It works with a pi 4, 5 or mini PC and comes with the latest versions of Kstars/Ekos, Indi, Phd2, Siril, Firecapture...

I have managed to get this all installed on an RPI5, using the "Nou" script. PHD2 didn't seem to install properly, so did that again manually on its own.  Everything seems to connect ok, I VNC into the Pi which is still using the wayland desktop, no apparent issues so far.  Just got to work out how to use it now.  My telescope setup for this is a Skywatcher star discovery alt/az mount WiFi connected to Synscan pro, zwo asi224mc main camera, and asi120mm mini guidescope and Skywatcher Evolux 62ED main telescope with field flattener.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm building out a Raspberry Pi 5 8GB from scratch and installing the latest stable versions of a whole bunch of software and utilities to support astrophotography. Some are found directly in the Debian official APT repositories, some as DEB packages , some are from PPA repositories, some from Flatpak, and some built from source. I am posting as I go at https://astroisk.nl with complete instructions for each. I am booting from a 1TB NVMe SSD drive connected to the PCIe port, so space is not an issue and performance is excellent. I also give instructions for that. Software I have running so far are:

• INDI server, INDI 3rd party drivers.
  • Kstars/Ekos
  • PHD2
  • SkyChart/Carte du Ciel with INDIStarter, INDIGui, CCDciel, EQMODGui
  • FireCapture
  • AstroDMx
  • SER-Player
  • Gpredict
  • ASTAP
  • HNSky
  • StellarSolver
  • Astrometry.Net (local)
  • Stellarium
  • INDIGO, Ain INDIGO Imager, Ain INDIGO Image Viewer
  • Siril
  • Webmin
  • GIMP
  • GPSD

Posts will be updated as newer versions are released and/or scripted.  Comments/feedback always welcome :)

• Like 2