Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Explorer 150P EQ3-2

Hi everyone, I’ve bought a second hand SkyWatcher 150P. Very happy with my purchase but need advice on replacement EP's & Barlows. Anyone out there got the same scope, if so what would you recommend?

I used to have a 150P, my advice would be take your time, try to get a range of mm. Any eyepeices you buy can be used from scope to scope. I regretted buying some cheaper eyepeices early on. So go for at least super plossls. I would suggest say 32mm, 16mm,8mm and perhaps a 6.4mm.

Some say use a barlow but I now prefer using eyepeices for all the range..

Enjoy your scope...

Shoudl be clear tonight in many places.

Try to find that ball of 500,000 stars M3 and see if you can see the stars of just a fuzz, take you time look to the side etc.

Enjoy..

Mark

I have the same mount with the similar C6N scope. My ep kit, which I developed over a while, consists of 24, 7.5 and 4.3mm eps, and a 2x Barlow. I considered getting a 17mm but I don't really miss that length at all. I am planning to replace the 4.3 with a 4.9, so I can Barlow it to maximize my scope when I want to.

Archived