NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M63 From Kelling

Roy

I went to Kelling Heath for the first time with a m8 of mine and despite having major problems on the first night I really enjoyed being there.

We were very lucky and had 3 clear nights on the trot.

The skies were unbelievable compared to the light polluted skies we get at home.

I spent so much time just looking up that I came home with a stiff neck ....... well worth it though

I didn't get as much imaging done as I would have liked thanks to the software gremlins but I did get M63 and a couple of others.

Had another go at it to see if I could pull out any more detail.

post-13336-13387736898_thumb.jpg

That's a very sharp M63 - I do like b&w images these days....are always less harsh on the eyes....

I see 2 faint fuzzies... 1 top right, t'other bottom left - Nice! ( I *think* UGC 8313 & UGC 8365 - Not too sure of the FL of the scope you were using )

Glad to see your equipment finally worked.... weird that the 1st night glitched like it did....

It was great to meet up with you & Jess again... and that image does you proud.

Phil.

Thanks for the comments lads.

Arran the skies were the best I've ever seen, if you can get to a dark site it's well worth it.

Phil I had another go at processing it to try and bring out a bit more detail.

Nice to see you Keith and Martin again.

I think next time I go I'm going to take the dob :icon_rolleyes:

Archived