Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Nina astap file location

Dunc78

Wondering what I'm doing wrong here, iv downloaded the D50 database for astap for Nina. If I go into my program files it shows everything there. Now when I try set up the file path in options/plate solve it shows nothing. As per screen shots. Any idea why. Or am I doing something wrong? 

IMG_20231110_210659.jpg

IMG_20231110_210737.jpg

Edited by Dunc78

Weird, the executable has gone missing!

Try a file search for "astap.exe" . Maybe it's in a weird place but, from memory, ASTAP requires the databases to be in the same folder as the executable. 

If it doesn't show, I'd reinstall ASTAP.  Providing you point the installer towards that folder it should leave all the database stuff there. Though perhaps if the config file is missing, astap won't know the databases are installed.

I upgrade ASTAP frequently and the installer simply replaces the executable and presumably updates a log/config file. 

So maybe start again. If you kept the D50 etc database install files it's not a huge job to reinstall.

• Thanks 1