Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ioptron CEM25p used price?

nickp87

Hi all.

Thinking of buying a used ioptron CEM25p for my eaa setup instead of the az GTi but I am not sure if the price is fair or not, it's on sale for £500 with tripod etc, is this a good price for this mount? And would it be a good enough upgrade over the az GTi?

Thanks 

I upgraded from the AZ-GTi to a CEM25P about a year ago, no comparison in terms of weight capacity, smoothness etc, massively better all round especially guiding performance. I am now disappointed if guiding accuracy over a 2 to 4 hour session is worse than 0.8 arc sec RMS whereas I was pleased when I was able to achieve double that on the AZ-GTi. I did have to fine tune mine initially as I think the previous owner had "adjusted things" incorrectly but lots of service info available from iOptron and some good Youtube videos. Since then I've not touched it mechanically and it just works well, if guiding deteriorates it is almost always due to seeing conditions, wind or other external factors. Price seems reasonable to me assuming everything works as intended and it is in good overall condition.

• Like 1