Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Best combo for deepsky imaging Evolux 62 / zwo 224mc / Star Adventurer 2i or Evolux 62 / DSLR /star adventurer or DSLR + 125mm f2.5 lens / Star Adventurer 2i

GeoffM54

From the above subject line what would be the best setup here for deep sky imaging.  I do have a variety of DSLR fixed focal length Lenses available namely 50mm f1.7 125mm f2.5 200mm f3.5 (Pentax K3 DSLR). Weight might be a problem with the Evolux and DSLR it's close to the maximum for the 2i. I've only really tried the DSLR+2i so far as it so easy to set up.

1 minute ago, Cosmic Geoff said:

Depends what you want to image as deep sky objects vary considerably in size.  You should check what actual field of view you get with various combinations and setup accordingly.  

Agree, the ZWO 224MC is designed mainly for planetary imaging due to its small sensor size, which gives a relatively small field of view.

John