Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 6888 Crescent Nebula and the elusive Soap Bubble.

Taman

Conditions were poor, so I was pleased to capture the faint Soap Bubble Nebula for the first time. There's also a nice little "D" shaped planetary nebula to the left of the image Abell 69, which I spotted after removing the stars.

Taken over 2 nights earlier this month. 58 x 600s, total exposure time 9h 40m.

Processed as a modified HOO (ForaxX Palette) using Siril, Starnet++ and Photoshop.

Dual FLT91 (side by side), ASI294MM Pro, Optolong H-alpha and Oiii filters.

Comments and critique welcome.

Clear skies!

Tony.

NGC6888Final3.jpg

• Like 19

7 hours ago, JonHigh said:

How lovely is that! 10min exposures. I’ve never ventured more than 5. Will be giving that a go if weather permits! 🙄

Thank you! Yes after some experimenting, I've made 10 mins my standard time with this combination. The added bonus is very little noise in the final image. Good luck with the clear weather!

Tony.

Edited by Taman

6 hours ago, Bluemoonjim said:

Amazing detail in the Crescent Nebula . Beautiful colour throughout makes for a stunning image.
Well done!

Thank you! It turned out much better than I thought and getting the Soap Bubble was the icing on the cake!

Tony.