Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First light on a couple of bits of new gear.

cajen2

I also love my set of Morpheus eyepieces and they are basically all I use now apart from the occasion when I need a lower magnification. For this i use the SL UFF 30mm. I use them in all my scopes which range from f7 to f12. If I want to go higher than the 4.5mm can provide I simply use a 2x ES extender with the 6mm. I have no intention of looking for anymore eyepieces. Well just maybe a Svbony 3-8 zoom 😁.

30 minutes ago, bosun21 said:

I also love my set of Morpheus eyepieces and they are basically all I use now apart from the occasion when I need a lower magnification. For this i use the SL UFF 30mm. I use them in all my scopes which range from f7 to f12. If I want to go higher than the 4.5mm can provide I simply use a 2x ES extender with the 6mm. I have no intention of looking for anymore eyepieces. Well just maybe a Svbony 3-8 zoom 😁.

Hehe..... exactly the same for me. I have the whole range of Morphs except the 14mil (I already have a Pentax XW 14) and up to the 17.5mm, they're almost always on the scope. For lower mags, I use a 2" 20mm StellaLyra LER/UWA and a 30mil Celestron Ultima Edge (= a UFF). I am rather tempted by the 3-8 SV zoom, though...😉

One thing: I've never experienced EOFB or any other obvious aberration in any of my Morphs, including the 4.5.

5 hours ago, Don Pensack said:

P.S. some measured focal lengths on the Morpheus eyepieces:

17.5mm--17.2mm

14mm--13.9mm

12.5mm--12.4mm

9mm--8.9mm

6.5mm--6.7mm

4.5mm--4.8mm

I also get 13.9mm for the 14mm Morpheus, but I get 9.2mm for the 9mm Morpheus.  Those are the only two Morphs I've got.

For reference, I get 14.0 for the 14mm Pentax XL, 14.1mm for the 14mm Meade 4000 UWA, 9.0mm for the 9mm Vixen LV, 8.7mm for the 9mm Meade 5000 HD-60, and 10.1mm for the 10mm Delos.  These are based on measuring the magnification in the central 10% of my ruler images.  The more of the image you consider, the greater the overall magnification, and thus the lower the eyepiece focal length for most astronomical eyepieces.

• Like 1