NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saw Jupiter and it’s 4 moons (pic from phone attached)

That’s awesome, now youre hooked because it only gets better as you learn more and work your way from one scope to another (because it happens to all of us) wait till you see Saturn’s rings for the first time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sunshine said:

That’s awesome, now youre hooked because it only gets better as you learn more and work your way from one scope to another (because it happens to all of us) wait till you see Saturn’s rings for the first time.

Sure am, funny you should mention that see my other post on here…. Saw Saturn too!

• Like 3

Congrats. Always a best view and that first one will stay with you. The great thing about Jupiter and it’s moons is over short periods of time you can easily see changes in the orbits and cloud features. It’s one of the few things we can watch that change quickly l.

• Like 1

On 29/10/2023 at 08:21, dweller25 said:

@LunarRob

if you look straight up from Jupiter you will eventually find the Andromeda galaxy, a spiral galaxy like ours 3.1 million light years away.

Do you have “Stellarium” ?  its free sky map software that shows where things are 

I do. I’ve got app and planisphere so reading through them though think I would need to get to a darker sight to see it