Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Trying to get enthusiasm back after a hiatus due to Yorkshire weather re-processing old data

Thanks guys, you have made a fairly mundane thread into a great chat amongst friends and it's the friendliness of this forum that has kept my interest on imaging going throughout this year with no, or little, actual imaging so long may it continue 👏

Steve

Edited by teoria_del_big_bang

3 hours ago, Mr H in Yorkshire said:

I'm talking about the same era, went camping with some mates late 70's (nearly fell of the cliff after a couple of glasses of cider, that stuff is so anaesthetic I'm sure it would have been a painless death) I have never been so dazzled and lost. Absolutely unforgettable. I have a friend went to Namibia a while back and she said the same.

We have visited a caravan site (yes i go caravaning) named New England Bay, South of Stranraer, so not to far from Galloway Forest.  The first time i went out, i dragged the wife and kids out as the sky was just full of stars, so many that i struggled to find my way round.  It was amazing.  Only a little light from the north, but pitch black.

Lovely image Steve! Your processing skills have definitely improved from the last time you processed this image. It's a tricky target to get a nice colour from, I've shot this target using similar focal length equipment with a FOV favouring the lobster claw instead of the Bubble, and I found it very easy to create an orange/red mess with the nebulosity whereas you've done a lovely job here.

I've also suffered from the bad weather bug, so you're in good company at least :) Going back and processing older data is a great way to bring back enthusiasm, especially if it's data which you have not yet pushed through the Russell Crowman suite of tools. 

• Thanks 1