Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

HEQ5 Pro centre bolt eyepiece holder size?

I'm looking to get a wing nut as I don't have a wheel nut to secure my eyepiece to the centre bolt that connects the HEQ5 to the tripod.

What size is the part at the bottom that holds the eyepiece holder?

I don't own measuring calipers, just a cheap ruler and it looks to be roughly 12mm. This is the thicker end at the bottom.

This video timestamped at 4:02 shows the component that I am looking to replace with a wing nut. I've attached an image with the labelled end of the bolt. Thanks in advance!

HEQ5 centre bolt labelled.jpg

28 minutes ago, bosun21 said:

My EQ5 tripod has a 10mm thread and I believe that it’s the same as the HEQ5 tripod.

Yep. I think it's 10mm for the EQ3-2, EQ5, Skytee II and HEQ5 and steps up to 12mm for the EQ6.

Edit: actually it is the lower thread that the OP is interested in (that holds the eyepiece tray) and I think that might be 12mm 🤔

Edited by John
  • Like 1

Much as there is nothing better than spending other peoples money, I would hate to do it in error, so just to help clarify and for future ref, this is a picture of my heq5 spreader with thread sizes, complete with very poor editing .... 😄 All the best

Heq5.thumb.jpg.83f2549824cb4b3c61dc0344f0bf27dd.jpg

Edited by M40