Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What portable power station do you use for astrophotography?

Hello All,

I was wondering what everyone else uses for their astro photo needs?  I already own an ECO FLOW battery with 240 WH. I'll need to power a ZWO AM3 mount (just purchased, yet to use it) and the ASI Air Mini. I will be adding a guide scope to the mix soon.  Do you think the ECO FLOW battery is a bit of overkill? Thanks!

It would be a big help to provide a link to the particular battery you are using.
A quick glance at the Eco Flow web site for the Uk did not show a 240WH product.

However, as 240WH is of course 12V/20AH. Igt is certainly not excessive for a mount & computer & camera(s).

Depends on YOUR needs. For me it's overkill. All mine are usb power banked size so pocketable and hence transportable even on airline which was MY requirement (Celestron Lithium LT and Talentcell 100WH). Don't have an AM3 but the LTs power my azgti fully autoguided and cooled cam setup and the TC powers my ioptrons, one power bank, everything powered for 2-3 hours barring dew heaters which I power separately. Any longer, and I'm usually imaging at home I can use mains.

I have an Ecoflow River 300 (no longer sold), which is a 288wh battery and its not overkill at all if its cold outside. During warmer weather (above 0) it will easily last through any night with power left to spare.

I am using an AZ-EQ6, cooled IMX571 camera, guide camera, and a windows 10 mini-PC with a travel router with it.

For my next power station i will be looking for a bigger one, or splitting the power load to another small one beside the River 300, but i image in a cold climate so not something most will have to worry about.