NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Couple of time limited astro deals - Black holes:Brian Cox on Kindle and Redshift for PC & Android

Shimrod

One of the offers of the day on Kindle is Brian Cox & Jeff Forshaw: Black Holes The key to understanding the universe for 99p  - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Holes-Key-Understanding-Universe-ebook/dp/B09W4DQ441/ref=lp_5400977031_1_8?sbo=QS21L9be7oZFAGyl4IXR%2Bw%3D%3D

Meanwhile, over on humble bundle (until 19th October) you can get Redshift 8 & 9 premium PC, along with Redshift Sky Pro for Android for £13.85 Humble Bundle - Night Sky Navigator's bundle

I can't find much discussion on Redshift as planetarium and telescope control software, and I'm a bit puzzled as to why the bundle includes V8 & V9 of what seems to be the same package (despite the slightly different names). Although the software is available for Mac & IOS, this offer seems to be Windows and Android only.

At less than £14 and with some of the money going to charity, it might be worth a go for someone - Redshift 9 is currently on sale on Amazon at over £100.

(for anyone worried about the humblebundle website, I've used it on and off for several years, and it is owned by the Ziff Davis group - so not some dodgy operation!).

• Like 3