Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Monitoring EKOS imaging runs

Stefan73

Does anyone have any good monitoring solutions for EKOS/INDI when an imaging session is set off?

I generally go off to do something else, leave astroberry in charge and check on it occasionally.  I really want something to shout at me straight away if it fails, often all it needs is the imaging run or guiding restarting. 

Usually it's a passing cloud causing guiding to fail (which I can catch by polling PHD2's guide status over the network with a program and playing a noise when it aborts) but the last one was the CCD started failing to download subs (probably need to finally replace the ZWO USB leads).  I guess I can NFS export EKOS's logfile and set something inside monitoring that but I wonder if anyone has a better solution?

That's what I need!  Never noticed that notifications menu before. 

There's a bit of faff getting it to do something on my controlling laptop rather than the pi sitting in the garden but looks good.

I have been using Kstars for over a year and your message prompted me to look around, so I have learnt something new as well 🙂

I agree its going to be tricky sending an alert to laptop, hence posted that link to conversation about connecting to Telegram etc.

Edited by AstroMuni

I think just setting it to play a sound via ssh should be OK for my purposes (providing it's setup to work passwordless).  The discussion you linked to seems more aimed at getting a notification to appear on a mobile phone, which is a bit trickier.

Tonight looks initially clear with incoming cloud so should be a good test for it!