Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Two Great Red Spots? (Jupiter yesterday evening)

Mark2022

Did anyone observe or image Jupiter last night? I started imaging around 10pm and just caught the GRS disappearing around the edge of the planet. I'm convinced there are two red spots (perhaps the new one just developing off the original) and wondered if anyone caught it at an earlier point in the evening? I'd love to see a pic of what it looks like and how pronounced it is. It appears quite significant in this (albeit poor) capture.

Jupiterx6.3__000001__22-14-48__data_pipp_____100r_48T_1051regAS1.tif

However, while this was captured at F6.3 on my LX10, I was experimenting (again) with various focal ratios and finally captured something which is at least closer to what I'm trying to achieve however this was when the spot(s) had disappeared around the back. 

I'm just learning this imaging thing so, to capture what I have I'm immensely pleased, but this large "Jupiter" was captured with the scope at F10 with a Meade 2x tele negative and an SVBony SV305c (2.9 microns). Can anyone give me the formula to work out what such an imaging train is in terms of F ratio/Focal length? Still working on processing. Still trying to achieve close to what some get with their 10/12/14 inches! And they say size doesn't matter! What do they know? Size is an astronomical consideration!jupiter 2x barlow__000002__23-41-33__data_pipp_____100r_48T_5352regASbarlow2.tif