Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SW 2" 2x Barlow

I've had a 2" Reveleation ED Barlow for a couple of years now. It works fine both visually and for imaging with my C8, at F10 & F6.3 and my SW ED80 at F7.5. No complaints. Maybe a it's just a problem with a faster scope?

MD

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Karlo

I did not measure, but I think the aperture is about 40mm.

Remember that barlows increase eye relief. This can be a problem if greater than 20mm. 2" eyepieces tend to have a longer focal Length and longer eye relief.

Powermates do not change eye relief.

Moondog

Slow scopes are always kinder to eyepieces. But the SW barlow should have been ok on axis.

• 9 months later...

hi there

i do contrail spotting i use a 12" Skywatcher Dob and bought this with 300d Canon EOS and SW super deluxe ED 2x 2" Barlow and a Cheshire collimator eyepiece this is my result:

CRW_3071-1.jpg

as you can see not the best

somone on the forum i post my pictures has an 8" skywatcher Dobson with Revelation 2x 2" ED Barlow and this his result:

IMG_8590.jpg

as you can see much better result. Would the f/ratio have this effect between 8 inch and 12 inch as i don't want to buy Revelation and get same result.

Any help would be great :)

leedseagle

p.s a guy on the forum i used has same scope as me and uses 2x TV Powermate and results are superb but i can't afford one

I don't know anything about photographing aircraft with telescopes but I imagine there any many factors that could cause the blurring seen in the upper photo apart from the barlow lens. Factors such as atmospheric clarity, scope vibration, scope collimation could just as easily cause the loss in quality I would have thought.

Archived