Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Magnificent Saturn and Jupiter

stuy

I had some of the best seeing early morning today giving breathtaking views of the both Jupiter and Saturn with wind speeds of 31/ms at 9000m. I don’t expect much but how wrong was I ! Saturn showing C ring really well a difficult part of the ring at times also  SPR  showing a bluish tinge , equatorial regions showing lovely individual bands of various intensity,

jupiter was a joy to behold stock steady at 400x lovely festoon  in NEB and a very small oval in SSTB only complaint was the transparency was around 6-7/10 but seeing was 9+ /10  that bit of lacking transparency was robbing me of the EZ structure I’ve seen before with this scope just goes to show make the use of each clear night , the seeing in the UK can be like a lottery at times but when you get these special nights it makes it worth it scope 9” f9 lzos APO  with zeiss binoviewer and various zeiss and takahashi eyepieces 

• Like 5