Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tube inserts anyone?

G4YVM

In a fit of not-quite-suredness I am going to assume you mean the star fangled nut type thing as used to hold cycle headsets in place lately? You will have a hard time finding your size since headsets are all 1 1/8" these days. FSA do make an oversize headset called "The Pig one point five" or "The big fat pig" for various reasons, not the least of which it is made to fit oversize 1.5" stems. you may try to source the star fangled nuts associated with this size headset for your tubes?

Arthur - who may be on completely the wrong track here!

Arthur, thats exactly what i meant, thanks!

I meant the "flower petal" type like you will see here David : photos : 16" Dobsonian : Well, it's in and it isn't coming out!- powered by SmugMug

on my build pages. I have only eever seem them available in the states - it seems we brits just don't build stuff anymore.

I think I have found a way round their use though, which is good as to use them would mean I am going bigger and heavier at the top end, which is not what i want.

I appreciate your post .

D

Hi David,

Are these any good as an alternative?

Round Inserts threaded, threaded Inserts - Component Force - EN

http://www.rosshandling.co.uk/threaded-inserts-2.asp

http://www.abacus-furniture.co.uk/4-5.php

I can always turn you something up if your really stuck ... just let me know what thread your after and ideally let me have a piece of the tube...

Peter....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived