Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ccd to cmos what settings in nina for gain etc

hi just coming from a ccd to cmos camera, altair astro 26m imx571 sensor but not sure what settings for gain,default offset,usb limit,high gain mode,ultra mode and fan speed in camera settings in nina to use ,can anyone give me some advice as never had to change a setting with my 414ex ccd camera thanks

• 1 month later...

Sorry, bit late to this one, so you have probably already sorted everything.  Don't have the 26m but a 533.  You can run the sensor analysis in sharpcap, which would give you some info.  In NINA I have the following set.

High gain mode = on

Ultra mode = on

high fullwell mode = on

usb limit = 2

Dew heater = 4

fan speed = 1

Gain i have found reasonable results at 300 and 500 with an offset of 120 depending on how bright the object is.

• Like 1

On 25/10/2023 at 11:00, sinbad40 said:

Sorry, bit late to this one, so you have probably already sorted everything.  Don't have the 26m but a 533.  You can run the sensor analysis in sharpcap, which would give you some info.  In NINA I have the following set.

High gain mode = on

Ultra mode = on

high fullwell mode = on

usb limit = 2

Dew heater = 4

fan speed = 1

Gain i have found reasonable results at 300 and 500 with an offset of 120 depending on how bright the object is.

Thanks Sinbad using gain of 100 how did you come to use 300 please 

I used Sharpcap, under the tools menu is the sensor analysis.  If you go through that, it will give you a measurement graph showing gain against read noise.  I also did a lot of messing around (when i had clear nights) to see what data is captured at different gain with different filters.  I think Sharpcap is free but comes with a 1 year pro license with altair cameras, or it did when i got mine.

I also went through a few youtube vids, try AstroStace, that was clear and showed what was needed to get the analysis done.