Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

french fancies part 1

faulksy

were do i start. at the beginning 🤣

here we go. 930 ish mile trip one way takes you to a wonderful camp site in the south of france. right in the heart of the cevennes national park. in one of there dark sky reserves.

the night we got there the milkyway was blazing away, sagitarius was right in your face.

2 nights later scope time

15/8/23 22.15. temp 17 sqm 20.9

lots of old favourirtes but its been over 12months since i looked up with the dob

blue flash neb, dumbell neb,m10, m22,m12, m15 ,m71

foot print nebula nice

wife spotted saturn so quick look there.

then the veil omg this was the best i have ever seen it. ethos 4.7 510x right in your face. more on this later

next blue snowball , m13 with the 4.7 easy to see the prop.

cateye with lovely ctr star. spindle galaxy great shape,m81/82 , little dumbell

neptune lol

saturn neb, little gem neb, owl cluster, ngc 185. carolines rose first for me. m52, bubble nebula, fireworks galaxy very poor. m31 and its other 2 companion galaxys very nice lanes everywere. ngc 6781 and m71 to finish

this was a late finish. but amazing night. one thing struck me. nebula which will be in part 2 were absolutely incredible, so were clusters you could use mega power around 500x and the quality of views didnt drop off. but all galaxys were very poor. was it because of the milkyway so bright reducing the contrast ?

let me know what you think.

part 2 soon

mike

• Like 13