NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Celestron Starsense head unit.

Something I haven't seen  posted  anywhere so wonder if  anyone knows the answer.

Is the code for each head unit unique to that unit  or can one as long as he/she has a code that is still viable use said code on any head unit ?

13 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

Can you get more codes as obviously plenty of people change their phones and need to imput the code every time they put the app in the phone. 

I read somewhere (I think on Cloudy Nights) that you can get more codes by quoting the serial number or similar to Celestron who will give you new codes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wookie1965 said:

Can you get more codes as obviously plenty of people change their phones and need to imput the code every time they put the app in the phone. 

You need to email Celestron and provide proof of purchase of the Starsense telescope.

1 minute ago, wookie1965 said:

Its second hand I bought it off a fellow sgler.

Ask him if he has a receipt. I had to produce my receipt before they would release the codes. I have heard that they may have slackened this in recent times .

• Like 1

On the Celestron tech page they ask for  a pic of the scope and the vendor , nothing  on there regarding a receipt.  

The options include receiving the scope as a gift so one could try that route but they also do ask for the existing app code which may be an issue.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Naughty Neal said:

On the Celestron tech page they ask for  a pic of the scope and the vendor , nothing  on there regarding a receipt.  

The options include receiving the scope as a gift so one could try that route but they also do ask for the existing app code which may be an issue.

I do have the app code I had a S10 when I bought it I upgraded to a google pixel pro but I left that on the roof of my car and drove off I have had to ring Vodafone and get the imei number blocked and I am still paying for it . I have now got a S21, with trying to sell it I wanted to find out how to get more codes to inform the buyer or get it before thanks for the information.

I emailed Celestron before I a purchased used. They confirmed I could get a fresh code if I sent a picture of the actual scope. I took a picture of the scope box & packing, with the postage label on the box as it had my name and date on it. They sent me a new code.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Naughty Neal said:

This must be the recent relaxing of the requirements to obtain more codes. I was most definitely asked to submit my purchase receipt, but that was some time ago now.

• Like 1