NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Fond Memories

LDW1

My age (75.5) has convinced me to sell my Telvue NP101, a 2003-2004 model with the chromed focuser barrel. The performance, the views are everything they say about it but the weight of the scope / mount ( 19-20kg ) causes me to not use it much. It was mounted on my SW AZ5. My Svbony 48P, Celestron C80 ( pre 1996 ), Vixen A62 ss and others will have to do going forward, their views in conjunction with my top line eps are pretty d**n good on the great nites. I will miss that scope and its flat, color free views but I can always think of the memories, it was my Telvue NP101 that it took me a long number of years to find !  But I won't sell it to just anyone !

IMG_4416.thumb.jpeg.8c32e98a16d82eaed2f7cbc783b41ad6.jpegIMG_4426.thumb.jpeg.40ff568f1d7df3b81127b9d337a31627.jpegIMG_4424.thumb.jpeg.22ac931d680500fbb9a67d38cd83b4eb.jpeg

Edited by LDW1
  • Like 5
  • Sad 3

~

There was a time when I wanted one of these, particularly after Uncle Al invited me to have a look through one at a star party where he was debuting his then-new 100° eyepieces. Wow!

I never got one and the desire for it has waned since then. Never say never, but my thinking is that it won't happen.

Good luck!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nakedgun said:

~

There was a time when I wanted one of these, particularly after Uncle Al invited me to have a look through one at a star party where he was debuting his then-new 100° eyepieces. Wow!

I never got one and the desire for it has waned since then. Never say never, but my thinking is that it won't happen.

Good luck!

They are scarce up here in Canada, the newer 'is' model goes for $6100 C all in ! But I wouldn't have missed it for all the planets in the world, lol ! Someone will get a great scope for a third that price and I will be particular on who it is. Its not a family scope, a beginers scope.