Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Scope in a Box

Well, I just DID IT; just joined Radio-Astronomy.org and ordered their SCOPE-IN-A-BOX.  Years ago bought a RADIO JOVE package, but my local city Zoning Board kept refusing my request for the approval I need to put up the JOVE ANTENNA ARRAY.  Might try again later this Summer. ...   Am also going to add an IBT to the  Schmidt-Cassigrain I donated to the local public library.    Can anyone recommend any ANDROID APPS on RA to add to my SmartPhone and Samsung Tablet.  Are there any groups that link their Radiotelescopes over the Internet to increase the depth and resolution of RA collected data ?  One more query; I have a CELESTRON POWERSEEKER 127EQ and six PLOSSIL eyepieces that the president of our local astronomy club is helping me with.  Any recommendations for an upgrade that won't break the bank ?   Hope I don't try anyone's patience with a plethora of dumb questions !

• Like 3

Welcome @Ron_Q. I can’t answer most of your questions but we do have a forum section dedicated to Radio Astronomy so it’s worth posting in there and having a search

https://stargazerslounge.com/forum/75-radio-astronomy-and-spectroscopy/

An oft recommended as an upgrade are the BST Starguiders, excellent eyepieces for reasonable prices.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/bst-starguider-eyepieces.html