NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First go at EAA

Chris-h

Right! I thought I would give this EAA thing a go! 😁 I think I like it!

This was just a quick shot inbetween the thunderstorms, so no guiding.

No processing other than colour alignment and curves in SharpCap

180 x 10 seconds (30min)

Starfield 102ED f/7
Stellamira .8X Reducer/Flattener
ZWO ASI585MC @ Gain 300, Brightness 40
Baader IR/UV-Cut

M27_Stack_180frames_1800s.jpg

• Like 16

Very impressive for your first go at EAA. My fist attempt was nothing like that good. You've got some very nice kit there though for EAA.

What I like about EAA, apart from not standing freezing outside, is how much more you get to see. I mean colour, who new you could see that! I've just had a look back at my notes for visual observing of M27 (with the 150mm Newtonian) "it has a definite elliptical shape with just a hint of the dumbbells". At least it wasn't just a smudge. M32, and galaxies in general, show the greatest improvement with EAA compared to visual I think.

• Like 1

Thank you Peter!

Sorry if it came off like I was new to imaging. I have been doing astrophotography (poorly 🙃) for the last 15 years. So I would like to think I have the basics down by now 😁

I can really see the appeal with EAA/Live Stacking. Here in the UK, we never seem to get enough clear nights to finish anything. Being able to get something like this in just 30 minutes, is just amazing! And I love sitting there watching it build up over time.