NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How did that happen ... ?

Steve Ward

Just now, DirkSteele said:

Whoops indeed!  I have often found myself in possession of a new scope, and wondered "how did that happen*?"

*Then I look at my bank balance, and it all comes flooding back! 😉

Was just about to pull the trigger on the Bresser 127/1200 yesterday when I noticed that the Evostar 150 was reduced by £100 in a couple of places ... :icon_biggrin:

As I'm only 25 minutes from Optical Vision's warehouse here in Suffolk I made a quick phonecall to my 'local' supplier TWC and an hour later it was home ... 😏

• Like 1

Just now, John said:

Not only "whoops a big scope" but also "whoops a big scope case" with that one if I recall correctly 😁

Luckily I've got an estate car , I'd have looked pretty silly if I had a Mini as the box was five and a half feet long ... !

It'll be on the mount full time so no case needed , just glad it hasn't got to go on top of my 14 foot high pier of old ... 😆

• Haha 2

Well I've fitted the focus motor , made a new Baader filter holder and I think I might have tweaked my 2" Barlow down from 1.4x to 1.2x ... :icon_biggrin:

There's a little too much wasted space on the sensor at the moment for my liking , no point jumping to 150mm aperture if I can't use every pixel ... 😆

Just waiting for the clouds to pass over and I can give it a test on the Moon and see how the disc sits before hot-melt glueing it in place , all things being well it'll have its first solar outing in the morning ... :happy7: