NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NINA 3Point PA problem

fwm891

Although I finally got my PA aligned with a total error of 19 arc/sec it was a pain getting there.

I have an iOptron CEM60 on a pier which I’d removed and serviced (regreased ra/dec wheels) but my view of the pole area is completely blocked so N.I.N.A. looked a good choice for realignment. I’ve watched lots of YT videos so the process of loading the nightly version of NINA and the 3PPA plugin went well. In the videos three 3 positions are solved and the PA errors displayed with the images looping and solving and a revised error displayed.

For me I start and get (and solve) the 3 positions, the error is displayed but as it seems to start looping exposures my tracking is stopped and so does 3PPA. My only recourse is to rerun 3PPA again and again making adjustments between each rerun and restarting tracking.

For this I have the mount with an Altair 102 Ascent refractor mounted, no guider scope and an a Hypercam 26C as the imaging camera.

Mount is controlled with iOpton’s Commander software drivers.

These are connected to an HP i3 laptop running win10 Home, with 16 Gb ram, mount and camera are connected to separate usb 3 sockets. The whole connected to house mains via recommended adapters.

Anyone have any ideas why the tracking is being stopped thus preventing the looped exposures?

Thanks if you’ve read this far.

I think tracking being off is the default setting and as I understand it if you then slew to a target tracking is reenabled. I'd need to fire it up and try but I think that's the default. I also think you can turn tracking on if you want it running after TPPA.

Edited by scotty38

1 hour ago, fwm891 said:

@scotty38 Thanks, Same settings so I'll try again and deactivate the stop tracking when done and see what happens...

Really good to be able to get PA with no view of the pole.

Yes it's a great tool and although I do have a view my polar scope hasn't seen the light of day, or dark of night, since I started using TPPA.

Just in case you didn't spot it in my first message unless you want to keep taking images/start tracking where the PA finishes then as soon as you do slew to a target NINA will fire up tracking automatically.

• Thanks 1