NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mounting a tablet on telescope tripod

si_

I´m looking for a way to mount a tablet on my telescope tripod to display images when I´m doing EEA. Does anyone have a solution? TIA.

UPDATE: Afte a couple of false starts that had to go back to Amazon, I ended up with this which is just perfect. Thanks for the advice guys. Tendak Exercise Bike Tablet Holder, Gooseneck Adjustable Treadmill Spin Bike Tablet Mount, Microphone Stand Tablet Holder Compatible with iPad Tablet Smartphone 4.7-12.9 Inches: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Edited by si_
SOLUTION FOUND

thanks, i´ve trawled through everything i can find online but none have a clamp that will fit a tripod leg. Microphone stands are a lot thinner.

29 minutes ago, Tiny Clanger said:

You may find a 'magic arm' for a photographer's tripod with clamp with sufficiently wide jaws, then you add a suitable tablet clamp to the standard tripod screw.

Plenty of examples of arms here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=magic+arm+clamp&crid=4R1P0KEK7X5W&sprefix=magi+clamp%2Caps%2C1169&ref=nb_sb_noss

Thanks! That looks just the job. First time I've heard of magic arms.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/06/2023 at 15:38, si_ said:

I´m looking for a way to mount a tablet on my telescope tripod to display images when I´m doing EEA.[...]

What tablet are you using ? I get by with a laptop but it's kind of clunky , a tablet capable of doing the job sounds swell ! 

On 22/07/2023 at 03:53, Bivanus said:

What tablet are you using ? I get by with a laptop but it's kind of clunky , a tablet capable of doing the job sounds swell ! 

galaxy tab s3. it´s for display only, the image capturing and stacking is done by ASIAIR Pro.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 10/06/2023 at 13:38, si_ said:

I´m looking for a way to mount a tablet on my telescope tripod to display images when I´m doing EEA. Does anyone have a solution? TIA.

UPDATE: Afte a couple of false starts that had to go back to Amazon, I ended up with this which is just perfect. Thanks for the advice guys. Tendak Exercise Bike Tablet Holder, Gooseneck Adjustable Treadmill Spin Bike Tablet Mount, Microphone Stand Tablet Holder Compatible with iPad Tablet Smartphone 4.7-12.9 Inches: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

What tripod do you have?  I'm looking at the same solution and have an eq6-r pro, sturdy legs etc?