SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Unexpected finderscope surprise tonight

This is totally unexpected and a complete discovery.

The observing conditions outside with the low full moon gave me the idea to take out my 6" Newtonian outside, for ease of use, for a quick low power star observation, just to say that something is possible in less-than-optimal conditions and maybe an opportunity to draw one quick star sketch.

I took out the 6" and remembered that my 12" came with a 8x50 straight through finder, instead of using the original 6x30. I had to sand the paint out of the 6x30 for it to fit into the shoe on the scope and I tried another 8x50 in the past that would not fit either, to me it was hopeless situation where nothing would fit in that mounting base.

Then today surprise, the GSO 8x50 will slide in the base like a charm, no sanding required, how about that? 🤩

I am pleased to appreciate the fact that the 6x30 will retire into a drawer, maybe forever. 😄

Just wanted to share that happy moment, these finders are not the most popular but it's sweet anyway! 

Findersolution.JPG

• Like 4