Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cygnus Ha mosaic from NAN to Sadr- 10 panel single 10min subs

pipnina

With so many equipment (mostly software) bugs recently I needed a win of some sort. A big mosaic might not have been the best idea as I have never made one successfully before, yet somehow both the images captured properly, AND I wrangled PixInsight to produce the images correctly the next day!

I thought I'd need to spend ages wrestling the images to be the same brightness, but the merge mosaic feature (once tuned a bit) seems to have pulled it off without me having to bash my head against a wall using linear fit.

Well chuffed, now I wish I had more imaging time to make it look clean when you zoom in haha.CygnusMosaicV2.thumb.jpg.7e32f6a73f983ff32ab6acece9e06b29.jpg

Captured with HEQ5, 130/650mm triplet, RisingCam571 mono, 3nm Chroma Ha filter, processed in Pix and then tweaked in RawTherapee. 10 panels, and one single sub of 10 minute exposure per panel.

Edited by pipnina
  • Like 7