SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Location Shooting over several nights

Can do from anywhere really as long as your light pollution doesn't cause you issues on the night as it'll have to be addressed post process as well as doing good calibration images, I've had to throw away data in the past due to bad flats. Another thing you have to consider sometimes is if your camera orientation matches your previous sessions, otherwise you might need to crop unwanted edges of the final image, it's why a lot of equipment allows rotation adjustment.

• Like 1

It's quite tricky to get the camera orientated in the same position every time, even if you can find a way of marking the position.  If your FOV is much bigger than your target it won't be such a problem as you can crop out the edges if need be, but as said above, you'll have to take fresh flats every time you move your camera.   I have done it but it is not my first choice of options on how to do things though, but normally because I didn't get enough data the first time due to cloud.  

Carole 

Edited by carastro