NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M106 take 2

Rodd

I had to rtevisit my rtecently processed M106.  Seems I am never satisfied.  I think the image has been improved, mostly due to a better palette, andless dark of a nackground.  Still not perfect.  Lots to be improved, mostly a dynamic range issue in the disc.  Too bright. Also, one hyper red Ha knot.  Its round.  Obviously something wrong there.  But I think the new version looks better than the previous.

About 28 hours with C11Edge with .7x reducer and ASI 1600.  HaLRGFB

New

z5.thumb.jpg.cf1c6ee5e4a8693343e68a6681c540c5.jpg

old

93235372-3c9f-45dc-a2a1-3f48d65b4fab.thumb.jpg.1ec2a24e660cfdff7f2b2446c7bf08dd.jpg

• Like 6

Very nice images, both. I like the overall cooler colour in the new version, with more blue in the arms. That Ha knot on the left side is distinctly different. Also, the new version lacks the Ha-"jets" coming out of the galaxy. I'm a bit surprised that that doesn't show in the new version.

4 hours ago, wimvb said:

Very nice images, both. I like the overall cooler colour in the new version, with more blue in the arms. That Ha knot on the left side is distinctly different. Also, the new version lacks the Ha-"jets" coming out of the galaxy. I'm a bit surprised that that doesn't show in the new version.

I spent some effort pulling them out in the old. I guess I was lazy this time. I thought it was more natural as they are there if you look closely. But your right. I need to revisit and keep my eye on the ball 

5 hours ago, wimvb said:

Also, the new version lacks the Ha-"jets" coming out of the galaxy.

Here ya go Wim.  I had forgotten a final step

z8.thumb.jpg.ed83baa91068e845dee175eca9ce89b2.jpg

Edited by Rodd
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Rodd said:

Here ya go Wim.  I had forgotten a final step

Excellent. As a bonus, you also got the small Ha region in the galaxy near the bottom right corner.

9 minutes ago, wimvb said:

Excellent. As a bonus, you also got the small Ha region in the galaxy near the bottom right corner.

Yeah, that one is kind of splotchy, like a blob, but I’ll take it.  The ones I really like are tiny ones on the far wall of the central depression, the core wall. They are very faint but visible. I have a version where I bring those out, but it caused imbalances in palette and over all look. 

• Like 1