Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SPCC - No Stars Found error - help needed

I've been trying to get SPCC to work in Pixinsight but keep getting the following error message.

SPCC_NCPVM39QXSSL.js

Executing Gaia DR3SP search command:

Center Right Ascension ..... 149.081520540 deg

Center Declination ......... +69.000226520 deg

Search radius .............. 1.216223960 deg

Magnitude low limit ........ -1.500

Magnitude high limit ....... 14.640

Source count limit ......... 4294967295

Required flags ............. 00000000

Inclusion flags ............ 00000000

Exclusion flags ............ 00000001

* Using 12 parallel search threads.

Search results:

Total sources .............. 806

Excess count ............... 0

Reject count ............... 69715

Total search time .......... 126.609 ms

Total I/O time ............. 2.925 ms

Total I/O operations ....... 269

Total uncompression time ... 92.319 ms

Total decoding time ........ 22.701 ms

* Output binary file generated: C:/Users/vsyde/AppData/Local/Temp/Gaia_SP_LUF04C55OKG0.bin

Extracting catalog star spectrum data: done

539 catalog sources found.

Saturation threshold: 0.7479

* Extracting PSF signal samples

*** Error: No stars found (channel 0)

I used image solver to make sure there was an astrometric solution for the image. I've got the Gaia Dr3/Sp databases downloaded and correctly selected in the GAIA process.  I've tried it on stretched and linear versions of the image with the same result.

Don't know what else to try so any help would be much appreciated!

Can't seem to find any help on-line 

It looks like it can't find suitable stars to do a PSF analysis. I asume the stars aren't all overexposed, out of focus, or badly elongated in shape. 

You can try running the Script / Render / PSFImage utility and see if it can determine the stars PSF value. The script takes a while to run on large images. If it does succeed try using the Moffat PSF Function used in the script in place of the 'Auto' PSF Type in the Signal Evalution section of SPCC.

Alan  

• Like 1

It says 500+ sources found, yet claims to have no stars... Hmm

Might be a good idea to share an image that is failing, I (and others here) will likely have a try at it ourselves and see if we have the same issue, or if we can find good settings for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, symmetal said:

It looks like it can't find suitable stars to do a PSF analysis. I asume the stars aren't all overexposed, out of focus, or badly elongated in shape. 

You can try running the Script / Render / PSFImage utility and see if it can determine the stars PSF value. The script takes a while to run on large images. If it does succeed try using the Moffat PSF Function used in the script in place of the 'Auto' PSF Type in the Signal Evalution section of SPCC.

Alan  

Thanks for replies.

It's now working!

In Image Solver I played with the Model Parameters/Limit Magnitude - It was set at 25 and I reduced it to 10. Running SPCC reported over 1,000 stars found.

Alan - I could'nt see the  PSFImage utility in my Pixinsight although I have the Render script. Did you download it from somwhere?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Sarek said:

Thanks for replies.

It's now working!

In Image Solver I played with the Model Parameters/Limit Magnitude - It was set at 25 and I reduced it to 10. Running SPCC reported over 1,000 stars found.

Alan - I could'nt see the  PSFImage utility in my Pixinsight although I have the Render script. Did you download it from somwhere?

Glad it's working now. 🙂

I bought PI only a month ago and the PSFImage was included I believe, though you can download it and add it yourself from from the PI Forum here. It's useful to get the PSF parameter for BlurXTerminator, which seems to performs better than using the 'auto PSF' option.

Alan

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sarek said:

I don't remember downloading it, so I also thought it was included.

If it helps, the script is found here:

PSFImage.png.db58f1c64ed86f78ae7511711a87ec24.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Budgie1 said:

I don't remember downloading it, so I also thought it was included.

If it helps, the script is found here:

PSFImage.png.db58f1c64ed86f78ae7511711a87ec24.png

Thank you. I had to download it as it didn't come with my version.

• Like 1