NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Milky Way arches over a barn near Muker, Swaledale...

...second nightscape outing for Canon R8, Sigma 24mm f1.4 ART combo last night.  5 panel mosaic.  Separate foreground and sky exposure sets.  SIngle tripod position on Nodal Ninja panorama mount.

Sky 5 x 8 x 8s, f2.5, iso3200 - ground 5 x 2 x 120s, f2.8, iso1600.  LR, Sequator, MSICE, PS.  Needs a click.

Beautiful night, chilly at -4C.  Chocolate brownie powered.  Cheers, Paul.

MBP 01 sml v.jpg

Edited by clarkpm4242
  • Like 19

The R8 seems to be doing you proud. Not only that but Canon seem to be pricing it to sell. Is the body as light as it looks ?

I like your ability to put together a pano and make it look like a smooth single shot.

I've just got back from Kelling and that trip was partially powered by vegan brownies ( Delish ). Oh, and a chunky Kit Kat or two. I'm not making a good job of the photos however !

Dave.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davew said:

Is the body as light as it looks ?

The R8 is very compact and light.  Seems robust enough as well.  I've a tripod lens collar for the EOS - R lens adapter that works well for balance.

Hoping the R8 helps with detail in ambient foregrounds.

Cheers, Paul.

• Like 1