Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

5 Pinhole artificial star

mickyblueyes

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my "free" replacement factory modified one inthe post today :)

They have also added a series diode in the power connection ... this will drop about 0.7V further reducing the heat generated in the leds.

If your usign duracels you will probably need toi adda bit of folded up silver paper to one of the +Ve connections as the +ve battery terminal is held of the metal terminal strip by the moulding ... you dont get the cord starp and magnetic aperture cover witht he replkacement "torch"

Thats good service from a HK company selling a cheap product.

Peter.

Theres supposed to be a small piece (20x14mm with two corners cut off) of fridge magnet material in there thats cut to shape so that when it sits on the front of the torch you can blank off the apretures that you don't want to use "cleanly" without gumming them up with tape residue.

It does tend to fall of very easily and seeing as I need to get mine about 30 foot up in the air to be able to get a clear view of it from the scope in the obs I don't know whether I will use it... the 5 star pattern seemed OK - so I'll either leave it as is or now I have 2 I'll cover over the ones i don't need on one of the aperture masks..

Archived