NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ASIAIR pro dc outputs troubles

Hi There. Very happy owner of a brand new 2600mc pro, I can’t get it to work with my aap. ASIAIR is powered through a lifepo4 external battery, and the camera through the external aap’s dc output. My problem is that there is no power through those outputs. I did put the 4 of them “on” on the app but nothing. And the camera is not even recognized in the app. 

the voltage info (the ins and outs) says n/a…

output from the battery is 12V@8A max so plenty of power. 

thanks for your input.  

Edited by Speedmaster

• Speedmaster changed the title to ASIAIR pro dc outputs troubles

Have you tried it with only the camera connected to the asiair?

Have you tried another device via the four 12v outs to check they're all working?

Are you using better cables than the ones supplied with the camera?

1 hour ago, Elp said:

Have you tried it with only the camera connected to the asiair?

Have you tried another device via the four 12v outs to check they're all working?

Are you using better cables than the ones supplied with the camera?

Thanks for your reply.

Only the camera is connected. 

don’t have any other 12v gear

no, only zwo cables. But I tried the 3 dC cables that came with the aap.

as soon as I use another power supply into the cam’s body it lightens up and it’s recognized by the app. Can’t seem to make this 4 outputs from the aap work. 

Plus, there is no info at all regarding voltage or power consumption in the app as it should be. Maybe I can test for power with a voltmeter. 

Edited by Speedmaster

My main cam or guide cam (it's usually one of them) doesn't get recognised if I've got a lot of things connected to the asiair. As you're only testing it with the camera it should work. The battery output is more than sufficient as I can power it with my Celestron LT which is 12v 3A I think. Depending on your mount, you can possible test the 12v outs by powering the asiair with the battery, then 12v out to the mount. It worked with my gem28, and I primarily use an azgti this way too, but check the input requirement of the mount first if it has a 12v in.

Did you buy the air new? I've found cables can perform differently with the unit, both usb and the 12v. But if you've tested it, cause for concern.

Edited by Elp

13 hours ago, Scooot said:

The 4 DC output ports were dead on my Asiair pro when I first bought it and it was replaced.

Oh that’s quite a thing. Lucky it was new, mine is used so can’t do anything. 

but the device does work great, it’s just that I can’t use the dc outputs. So either I buy a brand new plus or I buy a 12v dc splitter cable. 

thanks for your input. 

On 12/04/2023 at 14:22, Speedmaster said:

Oh that’s quite a thing. Lucky it was new, mine is used so can’t do anything. 

but the device does work great, it’s just that I can’t use the dc outputs. So either I buy a brand new plus or I buy a 12v dc splitter cable. 

thanks for your input. 

That’s a pain, I have my 2600, focuser and mount connected to 3 of the sockets. My battery is a 13ah, and it’s touch and go whether it lasts the night, the camera with the cooler seems to use a lot of power, 3-4 hours of images is about the limit, particularly if I faff around a lot setting it up. Maybe use a separate power supply with a DC splitter.

Have you asked on the Asi forum about possibly repairing it?