Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bubble nebula and M52 - Another moonlit Triband image

ONIKKINEN

2 panel mosaic with 2 hours in each taken last Saturday under significant Moonlight. Was a very windy night but i dont think its too apparent at this resolution of around 2''/pixel.

Bubblemosaic-LRGB_1-lpc-cbg-csccopy.thumb.jpg.dd64b684abee866cd83b2306ac2c7faf.jpg

The bubble itself is slightly less red than the surroundings, meaning there is probably some OIII signal in there, but a red blob is all i could manage this time. Another maybe in the target list for things to return to.

• Like 15

I've not been back to that area since nova V1405 in Cass was a "thing" a couple of years ago.

I can't help myself but look for it on any images that get posted. The asterism it formed with its neighbours is now fixed forever in my mind. 

So I see from your image that it's still there! I think it's progenitor was mag 17 or so but it's nowhere near back to that!

Oh, nice image too😁

Edited by Paul M
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, 900SL said:

That looks excellent Oskari, nice work

Thanks, i am surprised how quickly the image took form even under the Moon that night. I think i could get used to this narrowband nebula business.

On 07/04/2023 at 20:10, ONIKKINEN said:

Thanks, i am surprised how quickly the image took form even under the Moon that night. I think i could get used to this narrowband nebula business.

If we get a clear night forecast the next two weeks at Porkkala I might give it a go with the dualband, should be able to get 11pm - 3am although it's around 30 degrees elevation.  It's a toss up between M81 and this or the Wizard..

3 hours ago, 900SL said:

If we get a clear night forecast the next two weeks at Porkkala I might give it a go with the dualband, should be able to get 11pm - 3am although it's around 30 degrees elevation.  It's a toss up between M81 and this or the Wizard..

Last night was clear with some high cloud, was imaging there. Even though it was technically a full Moon night the Moon was only above the horizon for about an hour and even then so low in the sky that the conditions were still pretty good (B5 probably). Saturday was clear too! I know the forecast said something else but that's just how it is.

Imaged something else than this though because i am a fool and have started another long project. Hopefully dont have to spend 35 hours on this one :).