Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A quick M51

simmo39

Hi all, Hasn`t the weather been poo! Gallaxy season is not my fav time of year, I can never seem to get the look I want and struggle with the lighter nights. Anyway as I had not been out to play for an age I thought I would have ago as the last few nights there was gaps in the cloud. Im still trying to find ways of blocking out a new LED street lamp that lights up my garden and with the bright moon I went for short subs and as many I could grab in a short time. In the end I had 213 30s subs of dodgy data which I through into PI and hit it with all the exterminator software I have! The result is a Gallaxy! not as outstanding as some I have seen on here but for me with the little time I spent on it Im happy. Taken with my trusty Askar 400 and ASI 2600mc. Any tips and CC welcome.

52797422241_bb1643f08e_b.jpg

Crop 1

52797810730_cbd7637d5a_b.jpg

crop 2

52797662289_2c8143b970_b.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by simmo39
  • Like 7

Yes, moon was a real bummer.  First clear-ish nights in an age and the moon is seriously up.  I was aiming for Leo but the moon parked its butt right there.  Loads of detail in M51. You did well to get the surrounding luminosity on M51 - plus a few galactic interlopers!  Stars look a good shape right across frame. Only issue is star colour ?

Simon

• Like 1

7 hours ago, windjammer said:

Yes, moon was a real bummer.  First clear-ish nights in an age and the moon is seriously up.  I was aiming for Leo but the moon parked its butt right there.  Loads of detail in M51. You did well to get the surrounding luminosity on M51 - plus a few galactic interlopers!  Stars look a good shape right across frame. Only issue is star colour ?

Simon

Hi Simon, thank you. The star colour is me and my processing PC. For some reason I need to push the curves on that PC to see any colour. When I look at the image on any other PC I can see straight away what you mean. Will have to look into that.